England has a long history of outdoor music festivals but Glastonbury is still the most famous.
Have a look at the Glastonbury homepage to see how it compares to music festivals in your country.
2 things are always discussed at Glastonbury.
The first is if it will rain and the second is the headlining band.
Watch this video to find out about both.
1) What do you think of the festival?
2) Would you go? Why?/ Why not?
3) What is the appeal of these events?
4) Why do you think this festival has lasted so
long and is so popular internationally?
Glastonbury has always welcomed protests but this year many people were angry about U2. Why?
1) They pulled out of last year's festival
2) They avoided paying tax
3) They have become too commercial
Watch to find out:
U2 moved their office to avoid paying tax!
Q:Should protests be allowed at festivals?
Motions: Festivals are just for music
Festivals should be free
Commercialisation of festivals is
fine if it makes them better
1) Make groups of 3 and allocate the motions evenly
2) Prepare for, against and supporting arguments
3) Each group present for 1 minute and then respond to criticisms from other groups for 3 minutes.
4) Repeat until everyone has spoken.
Add an argument or an idea at: