Every week the UK has a lottery which transforms the lives of the winners. This week the amount was unbelievable.
1) Have you ever won anything? What?
2) Why do people play the lottery?
3) What do the winners do with the money?
4) How do their lives change?
Watch this video to find out how much has been won and by who:
1) Why do you think the winner does not want to
2) What will they do with the money?
3) Should they keep it all?
4) Should the limit be capped as in this case?
What kind of advice should be given to a lottery winner?
Watch the video and see if you agree:
Why do you think many lottery winners go bankrupt (70%)?
Motions: The lottery prize should be limited
Lottery winners should be forced to give
money to charity
Lottery winners always waste their
1) Make groups of 4
2) Choose a motion
3) Choose FOR or AGAINST with a coin toss
4) Prepare arguments
5) Take turns giving 1 minute speeches which can
be an argument or a criticism.
6) Present one round in front of the class and
discuss which arguments were the best.
This is a public announcement about the dangers of the lottery for children. Is it really that dangerous? Add a comment.