1) What do you see as 'the arts'? Why?
2) How important are they in people's lives?
3) Should they we encouraged or developed?
Watch the video about a famous arts festival in Scotland and note down all the types of arts you see.
1) Which did you like? Why?
2) What do you think of the festival? Why?
3) What is the point of this festival?
4) Why doesn't every city have an arts festivallike this?
5) What would people/society gain from a festival
like this in your country?
1) How entertaining are street performers? Why?
2) What do they do?
3) How much money do they make?Watch the video about the Fringe festival and street performers.
1) What did this show about the festival that the
first video did not?
2) Why do you think it is so popular?
3) Why do people give money to street performers?
4) Is it real art?5) Could anybody become a street performer?
Motions: The world needs 'the arts'
Calling something art does not make
Street performers are just beggars
1) Divide the class into FOR and AG
2) Prepare arguments for each motion
3) All FOR members make a large circle facing
4) All AG make a smaller circle inside the first
with each student facing a member of the other
5) Begin debating/arguing on the first topic
6) After a minute CHANGE partners (middle
Have a look at the programme for the Fringe this year.