1) How were you punished at school?
2) What effect did it have on you?
3) Does corporal punishment work? Why/Why
1) What percentage of parents would like to see
corporal punishment in schools?
2) How about students?
3) Will it improve student behaviour?
Watch and check your ideas:
1) Is smacking better than the cane? Why?/Why
2) Why do lots of kids want to be punished?
3) Should teachers really respect their students?
4) Is this 'strong discipline' idea just a reaction
against the riots?
Positive behaviour reinforcement works better than corporal punishment
The characteristics of a great teacher are passion, patience and a good sense of humour
What do you think the average English person has to say about corporal punishment?
Watch and find out:
How do you feel about these topics mentioned in the video:
"there is no discipline in schools"
"parents don't have any control"
"they should bring back the cane"
"a caning could kill"
Motions: Kids need punishing to discipline them
Only physical punishment works
There has been a big decline in
behaviour since they banned corporal
1. Every student creates their own opinion about
the topic and thinks of support.
2. Every student presents their opinion for 1
3. The student then chooses 3 others to debate
him/her for 1 minute via Q&A
4. When every student has finished presenting
and debating discuss the motions as a class.
Watch this video about spanking and add a comment below.