1) How much stuff do you have in your home?
2) How much space do they take up?
3) How essential is your stuff?
4) What stuff could you live without?
1) How could you reduce the amount of your
2) How could you maximise the space in your
1) Why do many of us think more stuff=more
2) Would these ideas of reducing stuff work for
3) How feasible is having a home like this
for couples or families?
1) What are the results of having a materialistic
2) Are parents to blame?
3) How about communities?
Watch the video to find out what one respected member of a community feels.
Note down 3 of his opinions and discuss them with a partner/group.
Motions: More stuff=more happiness
Buying stuff is better than using it
Materialism is destroying our society's
1) Make a list of 3 possessions you could not live
2) Prepare arguments in support.
3) Find a partner a debate about why you
should/n't keep those belongings.
4) After 2 minutes (1 min each) swap partners.
5) After several rounds present a summary of the
main arguments in your discussions.
Have a look at the article and videos here then add a comment below.