The tax that we pay to our governments gets used for a huge range of purposes but how effectively is it spent?
1) What do you think your tax money is used for?
2) How effectively does your government use it?
3) How do you think it should be used
One use for tax payers money is funding the police.
Watch the video to find out what the UK tax payers have been funding recently:
1) How much money do you think has been spent
3) What cheaper alternatives can you think of for
solving this problem?
Should the police spend money and time catching serious criminals or minor law breakers?
One problem in the UK is lack of housing for people on a low income. Where do you think they can stay?
Watch the video to find out how legal/illegal one group's accommodation is.
1) Do you consider these people as law breakers?
2) Why are they not arrested?
3) Why do they do this?
4) What should governments spend money on toimprove the situation?
Motions: The police should focus more on minor
The police force should be run as cost
effectively as possible
Governments should be held
accountable for wasting tax payers
1) Revise phrases for agreeing/disagreeing
2) Make pairs
3) Give your opinions about the motions and
4) Take a class vote on the first option and then
make two groups, one for agree and one for
5) Discuss your reasons with your group
6) Summarise to the group
Watch the video about squatters and add a comment.