1) What type of computer/tablet/device do you use?
2) Why are computers/tablets/devices so expensive?
3) How important is the price factor when choosing
what to buy?
How much would you pay for these:
Watch the video and find out how much one of them costs and why:
1) Why would anybody want to buy this device?
2) Why is it so cheap?
3) Does it mean that normal computers are too
4) Will this kill off laptops and tablets?
Here's a review. Listen and make notes of any technical specifications you understand.
Compare your notes to the diagram at the bottom.
1) How does it compare to your
2) Will this really inspire the next generation of
3) Is it really the future for businesses, education
and home users?
4) How will the producers of Raspberry Pi and the
creaters of Open Source programs make money?
Motions: The Raspberry Pi will kill off all laptops
and devices within 2 years
Apple and Microsoft will have to reduce
all their prices to stay competitive
The Raspberry will only be bought by
kids for playing games
1)Make 3 groups and allocate a motion to each
2)Discuss the motion for 2 minutes then write 5
words to summarise what was said.
3)Repeat for all 3 topics.
4)Split into pairs (each person from a different
5)Take turns summarising your talks using your
words but when you are the second speaker you
have to say what your group agreed and
disagreed. For instance "Your group said....but
6)When you have summarised all 3 then have your
own discussion about your opinions.
This is the smallest PC currently available. Watch the video and decide if you would buy it or not:
Here are the specs: